Sunday, February 19, 2012

Quiet Book - Winter page

I'm SO excited to share this quiet book page! This is the winter page for the four seasons section. I really wanted to do something extra special for the winter page since I'm one of those rare, weird people that loves snow. Since we live in the south, baby bear isn't going to get to see snow like I did as a child. Knowing that she's missing out on this kills me. There's nothing more magical than waking up in the morning and finding out that you have a snow day and then looking outside to see snow as deep as your waist. My mom will tell you that my siblings and I loved to play in the snow and she had to coax us back inside most days before we froze. So, channeling my love for winter (and staring out at a sunny, 70 degree day in January...), I came up with a snow globe to be the winter page. I also added a few snowflake beads on long pieces of thread that can be moved up and down to "snow" on the scene, a brilliant idea from the hubs. Now that it's finished, I think this is going to be my favorite page :)

Materials: felt, snowflake buttons, seed beads, a fabric scrap, and a plastic page protector.


The "Winter" title was sewn on by hand , as are all of the other elements. I  was originally going to use vinyl for the "globe," but since we have an abundance of page protectors hanging around, I figured I'd give that a try before I bought vinyl. Thankfully it worked great. I even cut the "globe" to have two pieces, placing the seed bead "snow" and snowflake buttons in between the two pieces of plastic so that it would slide better than if they were placed directly onto the felt background. I shook it a lot to ensure that it works great :) 


A close up of the snow globe!!

No comments:

Post a Comment